Kink On Tap
Episode 19 "So much cybersex!"
Recorded: December 6, 2009
Published: December 8, 2009
Previous episode – Next episode
- Maymay (@maymaym)
- Emma (@helio_girl)
- Nikolas Coukouma (@nikolasco)
- D.C. Wire - D.C. Council votes to legalize same-sex marriage
- Thousands of NY Sex Offenders Booted From Facebook, MySpace | Epicenter | Wired.com
- ‘Sexting’ bullying cited in teen’s suicide - TODAY People
- Survey: One-Third of Youths Engage in Sexting | Threat Level | Wired.com
- Talking to Kids about Sexting - Living Sexuality
- Corduroy Skirts are a Sin | Awareness | fbomb
- Catholic Church gives D.C. ultimatum on same-sex marriage issue - washingtonpost.com
- BiNet USA News and Opinions: [LGBT Youth: Just Not Quite Gay Enough]
- Uganda considers death sentence for gay sex in bill before parliament | World News | The Guardian
- Sex workers arrested because they carry condoms: New York law
- 80-100% of women are street harassed « Stop Street Harassment!
Notable Quotes Edit
- "I love the bible! The bible has so much good stuff in it! And I find that the people who want to see the stuff that I disagree with will see only that stuff."
- -- Emma @ 43:25
External references Edit
- Conversio Virium Constitution
- The Eulenspiegel Society
- Chesapeake Polyamory Network - The Next Generation
- How a Bill Becomes Law - DC's legislative procedure
- Full text of B18-0482 - The bill DCs council voted on
- The History and Future of Sex - Discusses how social and technological changes affect sexuality in predictable and unpredictable ways, such as the invention of the telephone leading to phone sex.
- Dangers of sex-negativity - article listing suicide as a danger of sex-negativity in culture.
- The MTV-Associated Press Poll – Digital Abuse Survey - source of "1/3 of youth are sexting" figure
- Leviticus 18:22 - Bible verse often cited by religious people to condemn homosexuality as a sin.
- Translations of Leviticus 19:19 - Bible verse too rarely cited by everyone, including religious people, which expressly forbids wearing clothing made of at least two fabrics (such as the majority of clothing worn by anti-gay protesters).
- NYC condoms
- Behind the Ugandan antigay laws: American evangelicals manouvering for power, the better to spread their hate in the name of the Lord. - Blog post with three videos of Rachel Maddow's extensive coverage on the connections between prominent religious senators in the United States and the Ugandan proponents of the "kill the gays" bill.
Choose the download format that best meets your needs. If you're not sure which that is, you probably want the MP3 version to listen on a PC and the AAC version on a Mac. :)
And, as always, you can subscribe to the Kink On Tap podcast feed (AAC format), the Kink On Tap MP3 feed, or the Kink On Tap Ogg Vorbis feed.
If you'd like to embed this episode into your website, use the following code:
<div class="kot-embedded-player" style="text-align:center;"><object width="320" height="240" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <embed src="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap19.m4a" width="320" height="240" autoplay="false" href="http://kinkontap.com/?cat=3" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed> <param name="src" value="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap19.m4a" /> <param name="autoplay" value="false" /> <param name="pluginspage" value="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" /> </object><br /> This is <a href="http://kinkontap.com/">Kink On Tap</a> episode 19, by <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://kinkontap.com/?author=4" property="cc:attributionName" rel="cc:attributionURL">maymay and Emma</a>.<br /> <small><span xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Sound" property="dc:title" rel="dc:type">Kink On Tap</span> is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/">CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0 Unported License</a>.<br /> Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available<br />at <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://KinkOnTap.com/about/" rel="cc:morePermissions">KinkOnTap.com/about</a>.</small></div>